This year… This year I spent a lot of time exploring my independence, why I have so much of it, and why it seems to be both inspiring and intimidating to others. I’ve spent a lot of time exploring what I really want out of life, what I want to do when I grow up, and where I want the wind to take me. While there have been a lot of new questions revealed through this exploration, everything that has solidified and really stuck with me is that I am exactly where I’m supposed to be right now and being as present as possible while still planning for the future. This has been the year or thinking and exploring and letting things soak in, and the last few months I’ve been realizing that others are seeing this and becoming inspired themselves.
SO! What this means – this is a journey I will be on forever, and I am so excited (and a little nervous) about where it will take me, but I want to start being more open and transparent and share more with you.
The last couple years I have ben hesitant to make solid goals for myself, because I wanted my life to be more about flowing free and exploring and not setting all these expectations for myself that would leave me feeling like a failure if I didn’t reach them. I’m beginning to realize that I should most definitely be setting big goals for myself, and the important part is taking these big goals and create smaller goals to get me there, and then take those smaller goals and create smaller goals that are more realistic and manageable. THAT is how sh*t gets done!
I have 4 more hikes left for the year, and I am SO looking forward to using these hikes to appreciate the world that I live in, the people I have around me and supporting me, my feet that have taken me almost 500 miles this year, and start planning 2019! Here is a list of some things I have in my head for the next year:
- Committing to my Passion Planner, and submitting fully to letting it help me get my goals accomplished.
- Smashing another 52 Hike Challenge
- Visit at least 3 NEW National Parks and camp, hike, explore, and educate others on the importance of these parks!
- Create a consistent blog/social media/YouTube schedule – not just for me but for those who are interested in my content and what I have to share (THIS IS A BIG THING Y’ALL!)
- Continue to push my body physically through training as well as stretching my mind and soul with yoga and climbing.
- Making the time in my schedule for down time, and time spent with friends and socializing. I go through waves of wanting to be secluded, and while I have learned that I need time to myself to re-center and shed the stress, I need time with my friends and the people who inspire me.
- Launch this Etsy shop! I am creating cross stitches, notecards, notebooks, and who knows (I do!) what else for the adventurers, nature lovers, and those in need of some inspiration. A portion of most items sold will be donated to the National Parks Service, which is near and dear to my heart.
- Most importantly, I want to continue growing Roaming With Purpose and connecting with like-minded peeps! I want to connect with you and build relationships with other who will help inspire, motivate, and challenge me to grow!
I am SO EXCITED for this year, and I can’t wait to see what it brings! Leave a comment, message, or find me on social media so we can connect and be friends!
I do also want to hear if there is anything YOU want to know more about! I want to write what I love and am passionate about, but I also want to write about what you want to read about. Do you want tutorials? More hiking videos? Product reviews? All of these things?! This is going to be so fun!